Central Demolition Ltd, established in 1993, is one of the leading players in the UK Demolition sector.
Due to the retirement of a long serving colleague a rare vacancy has arisen within the Commercial Team. It’s the perfect opportunity for a QS or Estimator to join a stalwart of the industry and to progress their careers.
The role available is fluid and variable for the right individual and would suit either a QS or an Estimator willing to develop and form an integral part of the team in a fast-paced environment.
We would consider someone for purely an Estimating Role or Preferably a QS role which will involve, estimating, project management and surveying duties.
Previous demolition and/or asbestos experience would be beneficial but not essential as full training & support will be given to individuals keen to join the business and develop their knowledge.
The role, based at the Head Office in Bonnybridge, will have varied responsibilities which will include:
- Experience in the Preparation and submission of tenders
- Ability to liaise with clients and other project staff to ensure on time delivery
- Managing a number of contracts from commencement through to final account
- Operating in a fast-moving environment with tenders & live projects ongoing simultaneously
- Be proactive in ensuring payments from clients are received by the contract due dates
- Provide assistance, guidance and support to site operations teams and Contracts Managers on contractual obligations and the scope of works that is included within the contract.
- Keep Senior Management updated and informed of key issues that arise on contracts to ensure the appropriate management decisions are made and implement these decisions where necessary.
Key Skills/Qualifications required
- Preferably from a subcontractor or principal contractor background
- Degree/HND/HNC in Quantity Surveying.
- Well organised, with great time management skills.
- Demolition or construction background preferred.
- Experience within a contractor or subcontractor environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledgeable of various forms of Construction Contracts.
Suitable candidates will be keen to develop with the business and become an integral team member.
Salary & Package is completely negotiable dependant on qualifications and experience.
If you wish to discuss this further please contact our HQ on 01324 815700.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV with a covering letter for the attention of
Michelle Anderson HR Manager
Please note we will not be accepting applications via agencies.